BIOMASS & HEAT PUMP
If you’re looking for an effective way to heat your the hot water in your business, then biomass heating systems and heat pumps are a great renewable energy solution. Not only will you be in control of (what) remove the fuels you choose to generate your energy, but you’ll be reducing your energy bills and doing your bit for the environment too.
How does biomass heating work?
Biomass heating systems and boilers provide a simple, convenient and environmentally friendly way to heat your business and hot water. A biomass heating system is connected to your central heating system and utilises the heat generated by burning sustainably sourced biomass fuels, such as wood pellets, chips, logs, off cuts and organic waste.
Biomass heating systems give you the flexibility to heat a single room or your entire property, power your central heating and hot water system and even your under floor heating. Biomass heating systems are designed to work all year round, but can be turned off during the warmer summer months when solar panels can be utilised to heat your water instead.
How you’ll benefit
- Reduce your energy bills – after the initial installation costs, the energy you generate will heat your building, reducing your energy bills
- Keep it green – as biomass heating utilises low-carbon technology, you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint and doing your bit for the environment
How do heat pumps work?
Heat pumps extract heat from the outside environment, either via the air or the ground, to effectively heat domestic and non-domestic buildings. Cleverly they absorb heat even when temperatures are as low as -20, so can be used throughout the year including winter.
Air Source Heat Pumps
Air source heat pumps extract heat from the outside air and pass it through a compressor housed in a unit located outside of the building. Ideally the unit is either situated on the ground or wall mounted in a sunny area, although this is not crucial. The compressor increases the temperature of the extracted air enough to sufficiently heat under floor heating systems, radiators and water.
Ground Source Heat Pumps
Ground source heat pumps extract heat from the earth via pipes that are buried in the ground outside. The heat is increased via an electrically powered heat pump and pumped into the property to warm radiators, under floor heating and water.
Did you know you could have your heat pumps installed through the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive scheme?
How you’ll benefit
- Reduce your energy bills – after the initial installation costs, the energy you generate will heat your hot water and your building, reducing your energy bills
- Low maintenance – easy to maintain, heat pumps can last up to 20 years with regular scheduled maintenance checks
- Earn money – benefit from the Government’s Renewable Heat Incentive scheme and receive payments for the renewable heat your building generates
- Keep it green – as heat pumps utilise low-carbon technology, you’ll be reducing your carbon footprint and doing your bit for the environment
“Forever Green’s was the only company who sold the system on the science first. And what’s more, the quote was one of the most competitive.”
Forever Green Customer